Saturday, October 18, 2014

Moving in and cleaning

After a month away from the boat, I returned to find the rest of my belongings had arrived from the Midwest. They were shipped minivan 2 day express from Indiana to Seattle thanks to some newly weds and Hiiiaaaann.

The challenge here was, where do I fit all of my belongings on this 28' boat?!

All of those cubbies that I was too scared to open must now be cleaned enough to accept my things (joy). I decided to start under the seats.


So much black guck had accumulated over time that I dumped 5 buckets of pitch black water into the marina toilets, and hadn't even finished cleaning out under one seat.

My vision is to clean under the seats and add some truck bed liner to cover the exposed fiberglass. This should be enough to set my mind to ease about how clean they are, and use the space for storage.

Also, I wanted to add some rope light LED's to illuminate the compartments in the case that I am digging for that one thing I know I put in there, somewhere down the line.

In the process of cleaning, my hand kept bumping up against some dangling wires (which were extremely dirty as well) and I started getting frustrated. Its getting later in the day, I havent showered, I'm covered in black guck, and I'm exhausted, that last thing I needed was nasty wires in my way.
Needless to say a little Serbian came out and I started cussing like the future sailor I will become... Out came the wire cutters.

Five seconds later, and complete darkness I realized I may have cut some wires that were important...

It's going to have to wait until tomorrow, time to shower and go clubbing...

No comments:

Post a Comment