Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Demo, Part 1

Growing up in a family of construction minded people, I have spent many summers doing everything from demolishing old trailers to running electricity and plumbing. Now that I have a little home of my own, my mind quickly wonders what sort of modifications would really improve the look and functionality of the Osprey.

I picked up a little idea from a site most of you have probably heard of called Pinterest. Nothing like a little inspiration when taking on a new project.


After seeing this transformation, it made me wonder what I could do with this space on my boat.


My first thought, the old kerosene heater must go, not only is it bulky and creates soot, but I'm going to spend most of my days at port where electric heat will be my friend. My next though, what is with that ugly wall? What does it protrude so far? Five minutes later...


It turns out that that wall supports the bulkhead during sail, but I'm glad I removed it, I found some slight fiberglass damage behind it due to a water leak somewhere down the line. 

That's all for now!

1 comment:

  1. Should we pick up a buddha statue for your new shelf space too?

    ReplyDelete